Thursday, April 15, 2021

Final Victims' Checks Going Out

By Walter F. Roche Jr.

The third and final payments to victims of the 2012 fungal meningitis outbreak are now being distributed, according to the attorney managing the payment fund.
Lynne Riley, the fund administrator, said Thursday some the payments have already gone out.
The final payments come from tax refunds that went to the owners of the New England Compounding Center. The owners of the now defunct Massachusetts firm agreed to turn over a portion of those refunds as part of the settlement of NECC's bankruptcy.
NECC was the source of highly contaminated steroids that caused the 2012 outbreak.
NECC's former president is now serving a nine year prison sentence following his conviction on racketering, conspiracy and mail fraud charges. Several other NECC employees were convicted of related charges.
The estimated $11.5 million in final payments are in addition to about $100 million distributed previously.
The $11.5 million had been held in escrow in the event the IRS decided to dispute the refunds. The deadline to file an appeal has now passed.
Some 2,000 victims of the outbreak are sharing in the final allotment. The payments are going out some two months earlier than originally predicted.
Contact: wfrochejr999@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, nobody has bothered to try to help me with this situation, regardless of my attempts to get things done. I was hospitalized for 115 days with a fungal infection in my spine resulting from fungally tainted epidural steroid injections received in 2012. I had a 7-hour surgery on my spine and impermanently disabled. I don't care about the MONEY, they already took my life and no amount of money is going to fix that. The crazy thing is, they took my life, but my heart still beats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to reference this blog often.
      Every thing I needed to follow thru on, everything the attorney ever knew, I knew before him, they this blog.
      Good luck, I hear, and feel you.
      This is the best spot to get the advance knowledge of what you might need to know
      Again best of luck

      Delete